Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Training Children To Fight Cybercrime,

I found this post about teaching children to fight cybercrime such as attacks by viruses, spamming and hacking. I to think that this is an excellent idea. I think it is also important to add instruction in Web ethics. Arming kids with this information also arms them with the information as to how to do these things more effectively. A program in ethics might cut down on the behaviors before they grow into very big legal problems. Either way, I think it is better to arm the kids with the knowledge of how to fight back against these predators than to continue to let them fall prey to the dangers of the internet. It is about time we start to reclaim the internet from the slezzeballs and creeps. I also smile about this as a private initiative rather than a government attempt to control or further criminalize the internet.

No comments: